Woman struck by car in Newark, Delaware identified
NEWARK, Del. - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have released the names of the people involved in a pedestrian accident in Newark.
Police say Catherine Engle, 77, of Newark was struck and critically injured Sunday as she tried to cross the eastbound lanes of Route 4 from the center median.
Steven Perkins, 23, of Bear was driving a 1998 Ford Mustang when he struck Engle at about 12:30 p.m.
Police say he did stop after the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
delaware, new castle county, newark, accident, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos