Woman struck by car in Newark, Delaware identified
NEWARK, Del. - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have released the names of the people involved in a pedestrian accident in Newark.
Police say Catherine Engle, 77, of Newark was struck and critically injured Sunday as she tried to cross the eastbound lanes of Route 4 from the center median.
Steven Perkins, 23, of Bear was driving a 1998 Ford Mustang when he struck Engle at about 12:30 p.m.
Police say he did stop after the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
delaware, new castle county, newark, accident, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested 37 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds