Woman struck by car in Newark, Delaware identified
NEWARK, Del. - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have released the names of the people involved in a pedestrian accident in Newark.
Police say Catherine Engle, 77, of Newark was struck and critically injured Sunday as she tried to cross the eastbound lanes of Route 4 from the center median.
Steven Perkins, 23, of Bear was driving a 1998 Ford Mustang when he struck Engle at about 12:30 p.m.
Police say he did stop after the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
delaware, new castle county, newark, accident, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 10 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 52 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act