Woman struck by car in Newark, Delaware identified
NEWARK, Del. - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have released the names of the people involved in a pedestrian accident in Newark.
Police say Catherine Engle, 77, of Newark was struck and critically injured Sunday as she tried to cross the eastbound lanes of Route 4 from the center median.
Steven Perkins, 23, of Bear was driving a 1998 Ford Mustang when he struck Engle at about 12:30 p.m.
Police say he did stop after the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
delaware, new castle county, newark, accident, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 25 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more