1 dead in small plane crash in Delaware
LITTLE CREEK, Del. - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was found dead after police located a plane that vanished off radar in Little Creek, Delaware.
The single engine fixed wing plane vanished off the radar around 7:10 Sunday evening near Bayside Drive and North Little Creek Road.
An emergency call was placed in to the control tower over Dover Air Force Base.
Troopers, wildlife officials and firefighters from surrounding areas were called in for assistance when the discovery was made.
It's not clear if anyone else was onboard.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com as this story develops.
delaware, plane crash, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 22 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball