Fire rips through North Philadelphia house; woman injured
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke and flames damaged a house in North Philadelphia early Monday
Firefighters were called to the 900 block of West Cambria Street shortly after midnight. They found heavy fire coming from the second floor.
It took them about a half hour to get the upper hand.
Police say the 2-story house was abandoned and may have been used by squatters.
One woman - a neighbor who became short of breath - was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Action News is told that PECO is investigating reports of an illegal electrical hookup.
Fire investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, north philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 12 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator