Fire rips through North Philadelphia house; woman injured
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke and flames damaged a house in North Philadelphia early Monday
Firefighters were called to the 900 block of West Cambria Street shortly after midnight. They found heavy fire coming from the second floor.
It took them about a half hour to get the upper hand.
Police say the 2-story house was abandoned and may have been used by squatters.
One woman - a neighbor who became short of breath - was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Action News is told that PECO is investigating reports of an illegal electrical hookup.
Fire investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, north philadelphia, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief 18 min ago