Fire rips through North Philadelphia house; woman injured
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke and flames damaged a house in North Philadelphia early Monday
Firefighters were called to the 900 block of West Cambria Street shortly after midnight. They found heavy fire coming from the second floor.
It took them about a half hour to get the upper hand.
Police say the 2-story house was abandoned and may have been used by squatters.
One woman - a neighbor who became short of breath - was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Action News is told that PECO is investigating reports of an illegal electrical hookup.
Fire investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, north philadelphia, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 29 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk... 19 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 33 min ago
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
29 min ago