Delaware jobless benefits phone snag fixed
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance has corrected a problem with its Tele-benefits system.
Callers using the system were getting an automated message that said their social security number was not in the system.
A number of people showed up at the unemployment office Monday looking for answers.
Division director Tom MacPherson told Action News the problem started sometime on Sunday. It was resolved by 12:30 p.m. Monday.
Those who file for unemployment benefits each week have until midnight on Saturday to file.
They can file by telephone, through the web, or by filling out a paper form.
delaware, unemployment, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 55 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ