Delaware jobless benefits phone snag fixed
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance has corrected a problem with its Tele-benefits system.
Callers using the system were getting an automated message that said their social security number was not in the system.
A number of people showed up at the unemployment office Monday looking for answers.
Division director Tom MacPherson told Action News the problem started sometime on Sunday. It was resolved by 12:30 p.m. Monday.
Those who file for unemployment benefits each week have until midnight on Saturday to file.
They can file by telephone, through the web, or by filling out a paper form.
delaware, unemployment, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ