Delaware jobless benefits phone snag fixed
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance has corrected a problem with its Tele-benefits system.
Callers using the system were getting an automated message that said their social security number was not in the system.
A number of people showed up at the unemployment office Monday looking for answers.
Division director Tom MacPherson told Action News the problem started sometime on Sunday. It was resolved by 12:30 p.m. Monday.
Those who file for unemployment benefits each week have until midnight on Saturday to file.
They can file by telephone, through the web, or by filling out a paper form.
delaware, unemployment, local/state
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 26 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila. 11 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 19 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint 54 min ago
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 15 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman...
19 min ago
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
15 min ago