Delaware jobless benefits phone snag fixed
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance has corrected a problem with its Tele-benefits system.
Callers using the system were getting an automated message that said their social security number was not in the system.
A number of people showed up at the unemployment office Monday looking for answers.
Division director Tom MacPherson told Action News the problem started sometime on Sunday. It was resolved by 12:30 p.m. Monday.
Those who file for unemployment benefits each week have until midnight on Saturday to file.
They can file by telephone, through the web, or by filling out a paper form.
delaware, unemployment, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 36 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
41 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
36 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
50 min ago