NJ woman convicted of stealing $1.3M
NEWARK, N.J. - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal jurors have convicted a former New York City bank employee of stealing more than $1.3 million from a 98-year-old former managing partner of Salomon Brothers.
Prosecutors say 48-year-old Karen Febles of Wallington worked as an executive assistant for Citibank, where she helped William Saloman with his personal and professional finances.
Jurors in Newark on Monday convicted Febles of wire fraud, money laundering and tax evasion.
Prosecutors say Febles used the money to fund a lavish lifestyle, which included luxury cars and vacations.
She could face at least 30 years in prison when she's sentenced in June.
new jersey, theft, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 1 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos