2 cops hurt in NE Philadelphia school fight
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers were hurt during a large fight at George Washington High School in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police were called to the school in the 10000 block of Bustleton Avenue around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday.
There was no immediate word on what sparked the fight, but police did say that two officers suffered minor injuries during the melee.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene as some people were being placed into the back of a police van.
There was no immediate information on those in custody or any additional injuries.
An investigation continues.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, fight, school, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ