2 cops hurt in NE Philadelphia school fight
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers were hurt during a large fight at George Washington High School in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police were called to the school in the 10000 block of Bustleton Avenue around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday.
There was no immediate word on what sparked the fight, but police did say that two officers suffered minor injuries during the melee.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene as some people were being placed into the back of a police van.
There was no immediate information on those in custody or any additional injuries.
An investigation continues.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, fight, school, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 1 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 56 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos