2 cops hurt in NE Philadelphia school fight
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers were hurt during a large fight at George Washington High School in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police were called to the school in the 10000 block of Bustleton Avenue around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday.
There was no immediate word on what sparked the fight, but police did say that two officers suffered minor injuries during the melee.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene as some people were being placed into the back of a police van.
There was no immediate information on those in custody or any additional injuries.
An investigation continues.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, fight, school, local/state
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 8 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
49 min ago