FBI agents raid Main Line business
BRYN MAWR - January 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The FBI spent all day at a pain management business on the Main Line following a raid Wednesday morning.
Sources tell Action News this is part of a healthcare fraud investigation.
Authorities intercepted people arriving to Comprehensive Pain Consultants, located on the 500 block of Lancaster Avenue in Haverford Township.
Agents quickly removed some people from their vehicles, frisked them, then took them inside the business.
Throughout the morning, with the assistance of Haverford police, the agents took in boxes to haul in evidence and take pictures inside.
According to the website, the business offers services like comprehensive pain management, lipo laser treatments, injections and acupuncture.
The website also states that there are three health providers at the practice. Their pictures, however, have been removed from the site. Sources say no arrests have been made and it is not clear if the healthcare providers at the practice are targets.
Todd Scott, who owns Platoon Fitness next door, watched the day-long activity.
"A ton of police, a ton of FBI. There were guns, police, helmets, really scary stuff," Scott said.
Scott and his employees weren't surprised when they saw the raid go down. In fact, a year ago, Scott said police asked if they could use the gym for surveillance.
"They said 'do you mind if we sit in your space for a while?'", Scott said, adding that, over the past several months, the surveillance continued.
Area businesses complained to authorities shortly after the practice opened two years ago.
"They all looked less than ideal health, and not like they were dealing with a bad back. Very fidgety," said Jaime Banninger, the Platoon Fitness CFO.
Out-of-state license plates and lines forming before business hours also raised flags.
The company has two other locations, however no search warrants were issued for them. Still, investigators said, there may be more search warrants served.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, fraud, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 31 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 14 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed