2 suspects sought in 2 Philly bank robberies
PHILADELPHIA - January 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for two suspects who robbed two different banks in Philadelphia last Thursday and Friday.
The first incident occurred on Thursday, January 10th around 10:50 a.m. at the First Niagara Bank in the 9000 block of Bustleton Avenue.Police say a male suspect armed with a handgun entered the bank and demanded money from the teller.
After taking an unknown amount of money, he fled on foot north on Bustleton Avenue.
The suspect is described as black male, 30 years-of-age, 5'9" tall, wearing a Phillies baseball hat, beige coat, red shoulder bag and armed with a handgun.
The second incident happened around 4:25 p.m. on Friday, January 11th at the United Savings Bank in the 1900 block of East Passyunk Avenue.
According to police, a male suspect entered the bank and presented a threatening demand note to the teller.
After grabbing an unknown amount of cash, he fled the bank going west on Passyunk Avenue towards Broad Street.
The suspect is described as a white male, 40 years-of-age, 5'7" tall, thin build, wearing a navy jacket, gray shirt and blue jeans.
If you have any information regarding these two suspects, please contact the Philadelphia Police Violent Crimes Task Force.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
bank robbery, robbery, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 13 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 56 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 26 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
13 min ago