Search for gunman in SW Philadelphia shooting
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 24-year-old man in Southwest Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shooting happened just after midnight at the intersection of 66th and Gesner Street.
Police say the suspect shot a man in the hand and side. The victim managed to walk to a nearby police station to get help.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and is listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there have been no arrests or a motive behind the shooting.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
7 min ago