Search for gunman in SW Philadelphia shooting
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 24-year-old man in Southwest Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shooting happened just after midnight at the intersection of 66th and Gesner Street.
Police say the suspect shot a man in the hand and side. The victim managed to walk to a nearby police station to get help.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and is listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there have been no arrests or a motive behind the shooting.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 2 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
29 min ago