Search for gunman in SW Philadelphia shooting
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 24-year-old man in Southwest Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shooting happened just after midnight at the intersection of 66th and Gesner Street.
Police say the suspect shot a man in the hand and side. The victim managed to walk to a nearby police station to get help.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and is listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there have been no arrests or a motive behind the shooting.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 25 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted