Search for gunman in SW Philadelphia shooting
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who shot a 24-year-old man in Southwest Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shooting happened just after midnight at the intersection of 66th and Gesner Street.
Police say the suspect shot a man in the hand and side. The victim managed to walk to a nearby police station to get help.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and is listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there have been no arrests or a motive behind the shooting.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall