Teen shot in thigh in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 19-year-old male was shot in the thigh in Southwest Philadelphia Wednesday night.
The shooting occurred around 7:45 p.m. at 64th and Upland Streets.
According to police, someone opened fire on the teen and struck him in the thigh.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment and is listed in stable condition.
There have been no arrests made and police are trying to determine the motive.
teens, shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases