Edison High School in Philadelphia cleared after threat
HUNTING PARK - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Students at Edison High School in Philadelphia's Hunting Park section have been sent home for the day after they were evacuated on Thursday morning due to an apparent bomb threat.
Police were called around 10:30 a.m. Thursday to Edison, located on the 100 block of West Luzerne Street.
A teacher discovered the threatening note, prompting the evacuation of the school as a precaution.
Students were guided to nearby Clemente Middle School while police conducted the investigation.
Police cleared the school around 1:00 p.m.
Officials say the school will be open on Friday.
hunting park, philadelphia, bomb scare, school, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested 36 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds