Edison High School in Philadelphia cleared after threat
HUNTING PARK - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Students at Edison High School in Philadelphia's Hunting Park section have been sent home for the day after they were evacuated on Thursday morning due to an apparent bomb threat.
Police were called around 10:30 a.m. Thursday to Edison, located on the 100 block of West Luzerne Street.
A teacher discovered the threatening note, prompting the evacuation of the school as a precaution.
Students were guided to nearby Clemente Middle School while police conducted the investigation.
Police cleared the school around 1:00 p.m.
Officials say the school will be open on Friday.
hunting park, philadelphia, bomb scare, school, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed