Edison High School in Philadelphia cleared after threat
HUNTING PARK - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Students at Edison High School in Philadelphia's Hunting Park section have been sent home for the day after they were evacuated on Thursday morning due to an apparent bomb threat.
Police were called around 10:30 a.m. Thursday to Edison, located on the 100 block of West Luzerne Street.
A teacher discovered the threatening note, prompting the evacuation of the school as a precaution.
Students were guided to nearby Clemente Middle School while police conducted the investigation.
Police cleared the school around 1:00 p.m.
Officials say the school will be open on Friday.
hunting park, philadelphia, bomb scare, school, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 7 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 40 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 5 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 33 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 2 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 14 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
40 min ago