Edison High School in Philadelphia cleared after threat
HUNTING PARK - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Students at Edison High School in Philadelphia's Hunting Park section have been sent home for the day after they were evacuated on Thursday morning due to an apparent bomb threat.
Police were called around 10:30 a.m. Thursday to Edison, located on the 100 block of West Luzerne Street.
A teacher discovered the threatening note, prompting the evacuation of the school as a precaution.
Students were guided to nearby Clemente Middle School while police conducted the investigation.
Police cleared the school around 1:00 p.m.
Officials say the school will be open on Friday.
hunting park, philadelphia, bomb scare, school, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 29 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ