Edison High School in Philadelphia cleared after threat
HUNTING PARK - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Students at Edison High School in Philadelphia's Hunting Park section have been sent home for the day after they were evacuated on Thursday morning due to an apparent bomb threat.
Police were called around 10:30 a.m. Thursday to Edison, located on the 100 block of West Luzerne Street.
A teacher discovered the threatening note, prompting the evacuation of the school as a precaution.
Students were guided to nearby Clemente Middle School while police conducted the investigation.
Police cleared the school around 1:00 p.m.
Officials say the school will be open on Friday.
hunting park, philadelphia, bomb scare, school, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish