Man captured in Berks Co. Kidnapping, robbery
MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they captured the man involved in a robbery and kidnapping in Berks County, Pennsylvania Wednesday.
The incident happened at the Giant store in Muhlenberg Township, Pennsylvania.
Police say 30-year-old John Topper tried to hold up the food store but did not get away with any cash.
On his way out of the store, authorities say Topper threatened a cab driver with a knife and then made a woman drive him to Reading.
Police caught up with the suspect a few hours later.
There were no reports of any injuries.
kidnapping, robbery, berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 22 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 3 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
22 min ago