Frequent Del. candidate charged with child porn
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A frequent candidate for public office in Delaware has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Court records show 62-year-old Richard Korn was arrested Monday for dealing in child pornography and sexual exploitation of children.
New Castle County police say their investigation began last month when officers were called to Korn's Hockessin home to investigate possible child porn.
Police returned with a warrant last week and seized computers and other evidence. Police say they found more than 25 images of child pornography.
Korn ran unsuccessfully for New Castle County executive in 2004, state House in 2006 and state auditor in 2010.
Bail was set at $750,000 and Korn remains in custody. An attorney for him could not immediately be located.
child porn, pornography, delaware, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 7 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 32 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 45 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 44 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
7 min ago