Frequent Del. candidate charged with child porn
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A frequent candidate for public office in Delaware has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Court records show 62-year-old Richard Korn was arrested Monday for dealing in child pornography and sexual exploitation of children.
New Castle County police say their investigation began last month when officers were called to Korn's Hockessin home to investigate possible child porn.
Police returned with a warrant last week and seized computers and other evidence. Police say they found more than 25 images of child pornography.
Korn ran unsuccessfully for New Castle County executive in 2004, state House in 2006 and state auditor in 2010.
Bail was set at $750,000 and Korn remains in custody. An attorney for him could not immediately be located.
child porn, pornography, delaware, local/state
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off 48 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers 28 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police