Frequent Del. candidate charged with child porn
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A frequent candidate for public office in Delaware has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Court records show 62-year-old Richard Korn was arrested Monday for dealing in child pornography and sexual exploitation of children.
New Castle County police say their investigation began last month when officers were called to Korn's Hockessin home to investigate possible child porn.
Police returned with a warrant last week and seized computers and other evidence. Police say they found more than 25 images of child pornography.
Korn ran unsuccessfully for New Castle County executive in 2004, state House in 2006 and state auditor in 2010.
Bail was set at $750,000 and Korn remains in custody. An attorney for him could not immediately be located.
child porn, pornography, delaware, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 55 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 18 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos