Schuylkill Co. schools weigh in on arming teachers
Schuylkill County, Pa. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a school district in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania is weighing a proposal to arm teachers.
The Tamaqua area school district has been discussing the idea since the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.
Leaders are waiting for the results of a study, and say a plan could be finished by this summer.
The district would need to wait for legislation from Harrisburg that would allow school staff to be armed before it could take any action.
children, school, guns, pennsylvania, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 1 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 7 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
1 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
7 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
17 min ago