Schuylkill Co. schools weigh in on arming teachers
Schuylkill County, Pa. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a school district in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania is weighing a proposal to arm teachers.
The Tamaqua area school district has been discussing the idea since the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.
Leaders are waiting for the results of a study, and say a plan could be finished by this summer.
The district would need to wait for legislation from Harrisburg that would allow school staff to be armed before it could take any action.
children, school, guns, pennsylvania, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 16 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 11 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 24 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 27 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 15 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
1 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
41 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
17 min ago