Victims tied up in Del. restaurant robbery
ELSMERE, Del. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding two suspects after an armed robbery at a restaurant in New Castle County.
The robbery happened at Jake's Hamburgers on Kirkwood Highway in Elsmere, Delaware shortly before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the suspects ordered the manager on duty to empty a safe and hide under her desk.
Two other employees and two customers were also ordered to lie face down on the ground.
The thieves then tied them up and fled.
"It's an unfortunate sign of the times, you know? Times are tough and people are getting very desperate," said District Manager Andre Schleiniger. "It sickens me a little bit that we work so hard for everything that we have and someone feels the right to come in and just take it."
It is not clear how much money the robbers got away with.
No one was hurt.
delaware, new castle county, robbery, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 16 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 32 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos