Victims tied up in Del. restaurant robbery
ELSMERE, Del. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding two suspects after an armed robbery at a restaurant in New Castle County.
The robbery happened at Jake's Hamburgers on Kirkwood Highway in Elsmere, Delaware shortly before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the suspects ordered the manager on duty to empty a safe and hide under her desk.
Two other employees and two customers were also ordered to lie face down on the ground.
The thieves then tied them up and fled.
"It's an unfortunate sign of the times, you know? Times are tough and people are getting very desperate," said District Manager Andre Schleiniger. "It sickens me a little bit that we work so hard for everything that we have and someone feels the right to come in and just take it."
It is not clear how much money the robbers got away with.
No one was hurt.
delaware, new castle county, robbery, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 24 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 38 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
19 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
24 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
16 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
35 min ago