Victims tied up in Del. restaurant robbery
ELSMERE, Del. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding two suspects after an armed robbery at a restaurant in New Castle County.
The robbery happened at Jake's Hamburgers on Kirkwood Highway in Elsmere, Delaware shortly before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the suspects ordered the manager on duty to empty a safe and hide under her desk.
Two other employees and two customers were also ordered to lie face down on the ground.
The thieves then tied them up and fled.
"It's an unfortunate sign of the times, you know? Times are tough and people are getting very desperate," said District Manager Andre Schleiniger. "It sickens me a little bit that we work so hard for everything that we have and someone feels the right to come in and just take it."
It is not clear how much money the robbers got away with.
No one was hurt.
delaware, new castle county, robbery, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition