Electrician catches fire, employee injured in Bensalem blaze
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are injured after a fire at a Bucks County business Thursday evening.
At approximately 4:50 p m. police say a person believed to be an electrician was working on the electrical panel box inside Adams Carpet on the 2000 block of Street Road when an electrical explosion occurred.
Officials say the male, who is in his 40s, was engulfed in flames.
He ran towards the front of the store where some carpet caught on fire.
An employee attempted to assist the victim.
The victim was flown to the Temple University Hospital Burn Center and is in extremely critical condition with burns to over 80 percent of his body.
The employee suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands and arms.
He was taken by ambulance to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division then transferred to Temple. He is listed in critical condition.
The fire is currently being investigated by the Bensalem Fire Department and Bensalem Detectives.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, fire, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 48 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014