Electrician catches fire, employee injured in Bensalem blaze
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are injured after a fire at a Bucks County business Thursday evening.
At approximately 4:50 p m. police say a person believed to be an electrician was working on the electrical panel box inside Adams Carpet on the 2000 block of Street Road when an electrical explosion occurred.
Officials say the male, who is in his 40s, was engulfed in flames.
He ran towards the front of the store where some carpet caught on fire.
An employee attempted to assist the victim.
The victim was flown to the Temple University Hospital Burn Center and is in extremely critical condition with burns to over 80 percent of his body.
The employee suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands and arms.
He was taken by ambulance to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division then transferred to Temple. He is listed in critical condition.
The fire is currently being investigated by the Bensalem Fire Department and Bensalem Detectives.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, fire, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 16 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 19 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos