FBI, police searching for Yardley bank robber
LOWER MAKEFIELD, Pa. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The FBI and Lower Makefield Police are investigating the Friday morning armed robbery of a Wells Fargo bank branch.
The robbery happened at 9:17 a.m. at the Wells Fargo branch located at 706 Stony Hill Road in Yardley, Bucks County.
According to investigators, a white male wearing a black ski mask entered the bank, armed with a black automatic style handgun. The man then pointed the gun at bank employees and demanded them to fill bags with cash from both the teller drawers.
At one point, the suspect led one of the employees at gun point into the vault for additional money.
The gunman then fled the bank in a white mid-size car, last seen heading down Stony Hill Road toward Heacock Road.
The suspect is described as a white male, standing approximately 6'2", weighing about 240 pounds and possibly had blue eyes. Police say he was wearing a gray hooded sweat suit, light green latex gloves, and a black ski mask during the robbery.
A reward is being offered for information leading to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lower Makefield Township Police at 215-493-4011 or the FBI at 215-418-4000.
bucks county, pennsylvania, bank robbery, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 40 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 14 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
56 min ago
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
40 min ago