FBI, police searching for Yardley bank robber
LOWER MAKEFIELD, Pa. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The FBI and Lower Makefield Police are investigating the Friday morning armed robbery of a Wells Fargo bank branch.
The robbery happened at 9:17 a.m. at the Wells Fargo branch located at 706 Stony Hill Road in Yardley, Bucks County.
According to investigators, a white male wearing a black ski mask entered the bank, armed with a black automatic style handgun. The man then pointed the gun at bank employees and demanded them to fill bags with cash from both the teller drawers.
At one point, the suspect led one of the employees at gun point into the vault for additional money.
The gunman then fled the bank in a white mid-size car, last seen heading down Stony Hill Road toward Heacock Road.
The suspect is described as a white male, standing approximately 6'2", weighing about 240 pounds and possibly had blue eyes. Police say he was wearing a gray hooded sweat suit, light green latex gloves, and a black ski mask during the robbery.
A reward is being offered for information leading to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lower Makefield Township Police at 215-493-4011 or the FBI at 215-418-4000.
bucks county, pennsylvania, bank robbery, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police