FBI, police searching for Yardley bank robber
LOWER MAKEFIELD, Pa. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The FBI and Lower Makefield Police are investigating the Friday morning armed robbery of a Wells Fargo bank branch.
The robbery happened at 9:17 a.m. at the Wells Fargo branch located at 706 Stony Hill Road in Yardley, Bucks County.
According to investigators, a white male wearing a black ski mask entered the bank, armed with a black automatic style handgun. The man then pointed the gun at bank employees and demanded them to fill bags with cash from both the teller drawers.
At one point, the suspect led one of the employees at gun point into the vault for additional money.
The gunman then fled the bank in a white mid-size car, last seen heading down Stony Hill Road toward Heacock Road.
The suspect is described as a white male, standing approximately 6'2", weighing about 240 pounds and possibly had blue eyes. Police say he was wearing a gray hooded sweat suit, light green latex gloves, and a black ski mask during the robbery.
A reward is being offered for information leading to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lower Makefield Township Police at 215-493-4011 or the FBI at 215-418-4000.
bucks county, pennsylvania, bank robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower