3 Pa. teens face charges over weapons at schools
TOWAMENCIN, Pa. (AP) - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three suburban Philadelphia teenagers face charges after police say they brought weapons onto school property in separate incidents.
Police in Towamencin say two Pennfield Middle School students, ages 14 and 15, brought a pellet gun and a BB gun to the middle school and to North Montco Technical Career Center, which they also attend.
The Intelligencer reports police were called to the technical center Thursday. The weapons have been confiscated and juvenile charges are being filed.
Also Thursday, Towamencin police say they were called to North Penn High School after multiple knives were discovered in a truck parked at the school.
Police say an 18-year-old student will be charged with possession of weapons on school property in that case. His name hasn't been released.
teens, guns, school, pennsylvania, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 57 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 13 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
57 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos