Arrest made in New Year's Eve murder in Reading
READING, Pa. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested the man behind a New Year's Eve murder in Reading, Pennsylvania.
26-year-old Jesus Rivera is in custody for the deadly shooting that took place in the 100 block of South 3rd Street.
Police say he killed 21-year-old Luis Medina and injured his brother.
Police believe the murder was not connected to another deadly shooting from the same day.
homicide, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 56 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 29 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 52 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 58 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
56 min ago