High school in Atlantic Co. closed due to threat
LINWOOD, N.J. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Mainland Regional High School in Linwood, New Jersey was closed Friday after police received word of a potential threat.
The Linwood Police Department said that a student in another county received a text message saying someone would get a gun and there would be violence, with Mainland Regional identified as a potential target.
Police notified the superintendent, who decided to close the school for the day.
Investigators say they do not yet know if the messages are credible.
Few other details are being released as this investigation continues.
new jersey, atlantic county, school, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 20 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos