High school in Atlantic Co. closed due to threat
LINWOOD, N.J. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Mainland Regional High School in Linwood, New Jersey was closed Friday after police received word of a potential threat.
The Linwood Police Department said that a student in another county received a text message saying someone would get a gun and there would be violence, with Mainland Regional identified as a potential target.
Police notified the superintendent, who decided to close the school for the day.
Investigators say they do not yet know if the messages are credible.
Few other details are being released as this investigation continues.
new jersey, atlantic county, school, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 1 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 58 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 14 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ