High school in Atlantic Co. closed due to threat
LINWOOD, N.J. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Mainland Regional High School in Linwood, New Jersey was closed Friday after police received word of a potential threat.
The Linwood Police Department said that a student in another county received a text message saying someone would get a gun and there would be violence, with Mainland Regional identified as a potential target.
Police notified the superintendent, who decided to close the school for the day.
Investigators say they do not yet know if the messages are credible.
Few other details are being released as this investigation continues.
new jersey, atlantic county, school, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 41 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 8 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 6 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 7 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
41 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
25 min ago