High school in Atlantic Co. closed due to threat
LINWOOD, N.J. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Mainland Regional High School in Linwood, New Jersey was closed Friday after police received word of a potential threat.
The Linwood Police Department said that a student in another county received a text message saying someone would get a gun and there would be violence, with Mainland Regional identified as a potential target.
Police notified the superintendent, who decided to close the school for the day.
Investigators say they do not yet know if the messages are credible.
Few other details are being released as this investigation continues.
new jersey, atlantic county, school, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 30 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 18 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
30 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos