Chester County dog fighting suspects held for trial
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester County couple charged with running a dog fighting ring is being held for trial.
Shane Santiago and Laura Acampora attended a preliminary hearing Friday.
Last month, detectives found a blood-spattered arena in their West Brandywine home.
Investigators say pit bulls who failed to perform were burned alive and hung.
Five children lived in the home.
Santiago and Acampora are charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty and child endangerment.
chester county, pennsylvania, animal abuse, dog fighting, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ