Chester County dog fighting suspects held for trial
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester County couple charged with running a dog fighting ring is being held for trial.
Shane Santiago and Laura Acampora attended a preliminary hearing Friday.
Last month, detectives found a blood-spattered arena in their West Brandywine home.
Investigators say pit bulls who failed to perform were burned alive and hung.
Five children lived in the home.
Santiago and Acampora are charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty and child endangerment.
chester county, pennsylvania, animal abuse, dog fighting, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 45 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 12 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball