2 dead in possible murder-suicide in S. Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police find suspcicious device in a home during the investigation a possible murder-suicide where two men were found shot to death in South Philadelphia.
The discovery was made around 6:00 Friday night at a home on the 600 block of Fitzgerald Street.
Officials say someone opened fire on the second floor of the home.
The bodies two middle aged men were found - one in a bedroom and another in a hallway.
Both men had gunshot wounds to the head and were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say one of the victims was found with a gun on his chest. Police are still unsure how many shots were fired.
Police evacuated several homes overnight after detectives found an what they believe was a pipe bomb inside the victims' home.
The bomb squad was called in. The device was removed without incident or injuries. There is no word on the type of device or if it was an actual pipe bomb.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 48 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
48 min ago