2 dead in possible murder-suicide in S. Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police find suspcicious device in a home during the investigation a possible murder-suicide where two men were found shot to death in South Philadelphia.
The discovery was made around 6:00 Friday night at a home on the 600 block of Fitzgerald Street.
Officials say someone opened fire on the second floor of the home.
The bodies two middle aged men were found - one in a bedroom and another in a hallway.
Both men had gunshot wounds to the head and were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say one of the victims was found with a gun on his chest. Police are still unsure how many shots were fired.
Police evacuated several homes overnight after detectives found an what they believe was a pipe bomb inside the victims' home.
The bomb squad was called in. The device was removed without incident or injuries. There is no word on the type of device or if it was an actual pipe bomb.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 52 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7