2 dead in possible murder-suicide in S. Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police find suspcicious device in a home during the investigation a possible murder-suicide where two men were found shot to death in South Philadelphia.
The discovery was made around 6:00 Friday night at a home on the 600 block of Fitzgerald Street.
Officials say someone opened fire on the second floor of the home.
The bodies two middle aged men were found - one in a bedroom and another in a hallway.
Both men had gunshot wounds to the head and were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say one of the victims was found with a gun on his chest. Police are still unsure how many shots were fired.
Police evacuated several homes overnight after detectives found an what they believe was a pipe bomb inside the victims' home.
The bomb squad was called in. The device was removed without incident or injuries. There is no word on the type of device or if it was an actual pipe bomb.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 38 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ