Man shot in the head in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a home invasion and shooting in the Feltonville section of the city.E
It happened around 8:30 Friday evening on the 200 block of West Wyoming Avenue.
Police said a witness reported that someone knocked on the door and two masked men armed with a revolver demanded money and then shot the victim.
Officers found a 56-year-old man in the living room with a gunshot wound to the head. Police said he was unresponsive and was taken to Einstein Medical Center "in very critical condition."
Police said the men continued to search the house before fleeing; it's unknown whether anything was taken.
The suspects remain at large.
philadelphia, feltonville, shooting, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 49 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 31 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 1 min ago
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball