Man shot in the head in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a home invasion and shooting in the Feltonville section of the city.E
It happened around 8:30 Friday evening on the 200 block of West Wyoming Avenue.
Police said a witness reported that someone knocked on the door and two masked men armed with a revolver demanded money and then shot the victim.
Officers found a 56-year-old man in the living room with a gunshot wound to the head. Police said he was unresponsive and was taken to Einstein Medical Center "in very critical condition."
Police said the men continued to search the house before fleeing; it's unknown whether anything was taken.
The suspects remain at large.
philadelphia, feltonville, shooting, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle 52 min ago
- Philadelphia couple stabbed in their home, son arrested 25 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot 46 min ago
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos