Man shot in the head in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a home invasion and shooting in the Feltonville section of the city.E
It happened around 8:30 Friday evening on the 200 block of West Wyoming Avenue.
Police said a witness reported that someone knocked on the door and two masked men armed with a revolver demanded money and then shot the victim.
Officers found a 56-year-old man in the living room with a gunshot wound to the head. Police said he was unresponsive and was taken to Einstein Medical Center "in very critical condition."
Police said the men continued to search the house before fleeing; it's unknown whether anything was taken.
The suspects remain at large.
philadelphia, feltonville, shooting, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 53 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 54 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 58 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
51 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Reducing radiation...
6 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
44 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
54 min ago