Victim ID'd in fatal I-95 hit-and-run, driver located
PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released the name of the victim killed in a hit-and-run crash in Northeast Philadelphia Friday night.
Investigators say a big rig struck 65-year-old Gerald L. Martin of Philadelphia on northbound I-95 near the exit ramp for Allegheny Avenue around 11:00 p.m.
Police believe Martin was hit while walking on the shoulder. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pennsylvania State Police investigators, with the assistance of the Lumberton Police Department, located the tractor-trailer involved in the crash.
The vehicle was located in New Jersey and towed back to Pennsylvania for further investigation.
Police have also located the driver of the tractor-trailer, identified as Ward Bennett III of Lumberton, NJ.The investigation is continuing.
Anyone with information is asked to call the PA State Police at 215-560-6200
pedestrian struck, hit and run, philadelphia, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail 48 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 52 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 40 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 59 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 5 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 21 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Runway littered with holiday mail
48 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
40 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
3 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
21 min ago