1 dead in fiery crash in Torresdale
PHILADELPHIA - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a fiery crash in the city's Torresdale section that left one person dead early Saturday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 a.m. when the driver of a Mazda lost control of his car and slammed into a parked tractor trailer on the 9000 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Police say the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed causing the car to become wedged under the tractor trailer before bursting into flames.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The tractor trailer was unoccupied.
accident, torresdale, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 28 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 32 min ago
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ 13 min ago