1 dead in fiery crash in Torresdale
PHILADELPHIA - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a fiery crash in the city's Torresdale section that left one person dead early Saturday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 a.m. when the driver of a Mazda lost control of his car and slammed into a parked tractor trailer on the 9000 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Police say the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed causing the car to become wedged under the tractor trailer before bursting into flames.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The tractor trailer was unoccupied.
accident, torresdale, philadelphia, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish