1 dead in fiery crash in Torresdale
PHILADELPHIA - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a fiery crash in the city's Torresdale section that left one person dead early Saturday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 a.m. when the driver of a Mazda lost control of his car and slammed into a parked tractor trailer on the 9000 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Police say the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed causing the car to become wedged under the tractor trailer before bursting into flames.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The tractor trailer was unoccupied.
accident, torresdale, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 53 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
7 min ago