1 dead in fiery crash in Torresdale
PHILADELPHIA - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a fiery crash in the city's Torresdale section that left one person dead early Saturday morning.
The accident occurred just before 2:30 a.m. when the driver of a Mazda lost control of his car and slammed into a parked tractor trailer on the 9000 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Police say the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed causing the car to become wedged under the tractor trailer before bursting into flames.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The tractor trailer was unoccupied.
accident, torresdale, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies