Ringleader in NJ corrupt cop case to be sentenced
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Camden police officer feared and known as "Fat Face" on the streets he patrolled is due in federal court.
Jason Stetser is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday in a scheme to steal drugs and money and plant evidence in a scandal that resulted in 200 drug charges being dropped because of possibly tainted evidence.
Authorities describe the 34-year-old as one of the ringleaders.
Stetser was charged in 2010, months after prosecutors began dismissing charges and requesting convictions be dropped as a result of police wrongdoing. He pleaded guilty to conspiring to deprive others of their civil rights and faces up to 10 years in prison.
One other officer has been convicted by a jury in the case and two others have pleaded guilty.
police, drugs, new jersey, local/state
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 27 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 6 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 32 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
27 min ago