Man dies after crashing into a truck GSP rest stop
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are investigating a fatal crash on the rest stop in Galloway Township Friday night.
Police say the driver of a red Volkswagen Jetta slammed head-on into the bucket of a parked front end loader around 10:30 p.m. at a service area on the Garden State Parkway trapping him inside.
The driver has been identified as 62-year-old Joseph Cohen from Howell, New Jersey.
He was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 31 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
40 min ago