Man dies after crashing into a truck GSP rest stop
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are investigating a fatal crash on the rest stop in Galloway Township Friday night.
Police say the driver of a red Volkswagen Jetta slammed head-on into the bucket of a parked front end loader around 10:30 p.m. at a service area on the Garden State Parkway trapping him inside.
The driver has been identified as 62-year-old Joseph Cohen from Howell, New Jersey.
He was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 34 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 33 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 57 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 35 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
31 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
33 min ago