Man dies after crashing into a truck GSP rest stop
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are investigating a fatal crash on the rest stop in Galloway Township Friday night.
Police say the driver of a red Volkswagen Jetta slammed head-on into the bucket of a parked front end loader around 10:30 p.m. at a service area on the Garden State Parkway trapping him inside.
The driver has been identified as 62-year-old Joseph Cohen from Howell, New Jersey.
He was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 57 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 18 min ago
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
57 min ago