Man dies after crashing into a truck GSP rest stop
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are investigating a fatal crash on the rest stop in Galloway Township Friday night.
Police say the driver of a red Volkswagen Jetta slammed head-on into the bucket of a parked front end loader around 10:30 p.m. at a service area on the Garden State Parkway trapping him inside.
The driver has been identified as 62-year-old Joseph Cohen from Howell, New Jersey.
He was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
8 min ago