Police arrest DE man, seize large amount of heroin
NEWARK, Del. - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested a man after seizing a large amount of heroin from a residence in the 2400 block of Olden Avenue in Newark Friday.
19-year-old Gerardo Hernandez was arrested after police found more than 4,000 bags of heroin, weighing more than 100 grams, cash and a handgun in the bedroom he was occupying.
The arrest was part of an ongoing investigation by the Delaware State Police Troop 2 Drug Unit.
Hernandez is being charged with possession of a controlled substance in a tier 5 quantity and possession of a deadly weapon. He is being held on $50,000 cash bail.
drugs, newark, delaware, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Hit and Run driver leaves victim on Roxborough street 16 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 46 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
56 min ago