Police arrest DE man, seize large amount of heroin
NEWARK, Del. - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested a man after seizing a large amount of heroin from a residence in the 2400 block of Olden Avenue in Newark Friday.
19-year-old Gerardo Hernandez was arrested after police found more than 4,000 bags of heroin, weighing more than 100 grams, cash and a handgun in the bedroom he was occupying.
The arrest was part of an ongoing investigation by the Delaware State Police Troop 2 Drug Unit.
Hernandez is being charged with possession of a controlled substance in a tier 5 quantity and possession of a deadly weapon. He is being held on $50,000 cash bail.
drugs, newark, delaware, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 58 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
56 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
58 min ago