Del. police arrest 3 suspects in air conditioner thefts
DATELINE (WPVI) -- New Castle Police have arrested three people in connection with thefts of air conditioning units from at least two businesses in Delaware.
Police arrested 28-year-old Kimberly Porter along with 25-year-old Julio Roldan and 23-year-old Raymond Barlow after a witness reported people stealing air conditioning units from a New Castle business on Saturday.
The first incident occurred on Thursday, January 31st when staff of the Buchi Corporation on 19 Lukens Drive in New Castle, arrived at work and discovered four central air conditioning units missing from the exterior of their building.
The units had been cut from the electric power supply and removed from their bases.
Police also responded to reports of air conditioning units stolen from the Hope Evangelistic Lutheran Church in the 200 block of Christiana Road in New Castle on Saturday, February 2nd.
A witness reported observing three people stealing the units and loading them into a white Jeep Liberty.
Troopers located the vehicle traveling in the area of Rambleton Acres and stopped the Jeep, but the suspects drove away at a high rate of speed before the Troopers approached.
The suspects lead police on a high speed chase into the city of Wilmington.
Troopers pursued the vehicle until it crashed into a utility pole at the intersection of 10th and Walnut Streets in Wilmington.
All three fled on foot, but the driver, Kimberly Porter and passenger Julio Roldan were quickly apprehended. Police later linked both to the air conditioner thefts.
Police arrested the third suspect, Raymond Barlow, on Monday, February 4th.
All three suspects have been charged with theft, criminal mischief and related charges. They are being held on close to $10,000 secured bail.
theft, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases