2nd case of Camden tire slashings in 2 days
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A number of residents in East Camden awoke to find their tires slashed for the second time in only two days.
The first incident happened overnight Thursday. The second incident happened overnight Friday, both on the 3300 block of Saunders Lane.
One victim - Pastor David King - says that vandals slashed his wife's Ford Edge and his Mercedes.
"I got church tomorrow. If they hit me I'm really going to be in trouble. I'm trying to figure out what to do. Can I put a sign up that says 'Hey we're watching you!" said Pastor King.
Authorities say several neighbors also had their tires slashed in recent days.
One neighbor had damage to four tires on her GMC Envoy during the first incident.
She replaced them, paying over $1,000, only to have her tires slashed again overnight.
No word on any suspects in the case. Camden police continue to investigate.
new jersey, camden, vandalism, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 49 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 37 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
37 min ago