Driver survives fall down 25 ft. embankment
OVERBROOK - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was hospitalized after crashing his vehicle down a 25 foot embankment in Overbrook.
It happened around 10:00 Saturday evening on the 6000 block of Lancaster Avenue.
Authorities say the man - in his 20s - was behind the wheel when he lost control.
Rescue crews had to pull the victim up from the bottom of the embankment.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for non-life threatening injuries.
Police are investigating what caused the driver to lose control.
philadelphia, overbrook, accident, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 7 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 51 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!