Driver survives fall down 25 ft. embankment
OVERBROOK - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was hospitalized after crashing his vehicle down a 25 foot embankment in Overbrook.
It happened around 10:00 Saturday evening on the 6000 block of Lancaster Avenue.
Authorities say the man - in his 20s - was behind the wheel when he lost control.
Rescue crews had to pull the victim up from the bottom of the embankment.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for non-life threatening injuries.
Police are investigating what caused the driver to lose control.
philadelphia, overbrook, accident, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 58 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 23 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 43 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Dead body found during Easter egg hunt 18 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
23 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
18 min ago