Driver survives fall down 25 ft. embankment
OVERBROOK - January 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was hospitalized after crashing his vehicle down a 25 foot embankment in Overbrook.
It happened around 10:00 Saturday evening on the 6000 block of Lancaster Avenue.
Authorities say the man - in his 20s - was behind the wheel when he lost control.
Rescue crews had to pull the victim up from the bottom of the embankment.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for non-life threatening injuries.
Police are investigating what caused the driver to lose control.
philadelphia, overbrook, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ