4 students injured in Gwynedd-Mercy College crash
GWYNEDD VALLEY, Pa. - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating an early morning crash on the grounds of Gwynedd-Mercy College that sent four students to the hospital with injuries.
The one car crash happened around 3:30 a.m. when police say the driver of the vehicle lost control and slammed into a tree on the school's property.
The impact of the crash trapped all four of the students inside of the car.
Firefighters worked for approximately 15 minutes to free the students.
Two of the students were taken by ambulance to Abington Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
Two other students were taken by ambulance to Abington Health-Lansdale Campus with minor injuries.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos