4 students injured in Gwynedd-Mercy College crash
GWYNEDD VALLEY, Pa. - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating an early morning crash on the grounds of Gwynedd-Mercy College that sent four students to the hospital with injuries.
The one car crash happened around 3:30 a.m. when police say the driver of the vehicle lost control and slammed into a tree on the school's property.
The impact of the crash trapped all four of the students inside of the car.
Firefighters worked for approximately 15 minutes to free the students.
Two of the students were taken by ambulance to Abington Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
Two other students were taken by ambulance to Abington Health-Lansdale Campus with minor injuries.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia 54 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash
- Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
53 min ago