1 dead in Northeast Phila. crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an early morning deadly crash in Northeast Philadelphia.
The crash occurred around 4:30 a.m. on Woodhaven Road near Franklin Mills Boulevard.
Police say the 25-year-old female driver of a car lost control and struck a guardrail on the eastbound side and rolled over onto its roof.
The driver was freed by firefighters and transported by medics to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 19 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 4 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet 23 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
43 min ago