1 dead in Northeast Phila. crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an early morning deadly crash in Northeast Philadelphia.
The crash occurred around 4:30 a.m. on Woodhaven Road near Franklin Mills Boulevard.
Police say the 25-year-old female driver of a car lost control and struck a guardrail on the eastbound side and rolled over onto its roof.
The driver was freed by firefighters and transported by medics to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run