1 dead in Northeast Phila. crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an early morning deadly crash in Northeast Philadelphia.
The crash occurred around 4:30 a.m. on Woodhaven Road near Franklin Mills Boulevard.
Police say the 25-year-old female driver of a car lost control and struck a guardrail on the eastbound side and rolled over onto its roof.
The driver was freed by firefighters and transported by medics to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 20 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila. 13 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 32 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard 8 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 11 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids 13 min ago
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 15 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
13 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing pills in Gloucester...
12 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman...
11 min ago
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
15 min ago