1 dead in Northeast Phila. crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an early morning deadly crash in Northeast Philadelphia.
The crash occurred around 4:30 a.m. on Woodhaven Road near Franklin Mills Boulevard.
Police say the 25-year-old female driver of a car lost control and struck a guardrail on the eastbound side and rolled over onto its roof.
The driver was freed by firefighters and transported by medics to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ