2-alarm house fire in Mercer County
EWING TWP, N.J. - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to battle a two-alarm house fire sparked by a fire pit in Mercer County.
It happened around 4:30 Sunday morning on the 200 block of Clamer Road in Ewing Township.
Arriving firefighters were met with heavy flames fullly engulfing the home.
A second alarm with quickly struck and crews were able to bring the blaze under control by 7:00 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the home owners were using a fire pit Saturday night and put the fire out.
However flames sparked up again and spread to the home while the owners were in bed.
new jersey, mercer county, fire, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 18 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 51 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 57 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply