2-alarm house fire in Mercer County
EWING TWP, N.J. - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to battle a two-alarm house fire sparked by a fire pit in Mercer County.
It happened around 4:30 Sunday morning on the 200 block of Clamer Road in Ewing Township.
Arriving firefighters were met with heavy flames fullly engulfing the home.
A second alarm with quickly struck and crews were able to bring the blaze under control by 7:00 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the home owners were using a fire pit Saturday night and put the fire out.
However flames sparked up again and spread to the home while the owners were in bed.
new jersey, mercer county, fire, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip 7 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
7 min ago