2-alarm house fire in Mercer County
EWING TWP, N.J. - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to battle a two-alarm house fire sparked by a fire pit in Mercer County.
It happened around 4:30 Sunday morning on the 200 block of Clamer Road in Ewing Township.
Arriving firefighters were met with heavy flames fullly engulfing the home.
A second alarm with quickly struck and crews were able to bring the blaze under control by 7:00 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the home owners were using a fire pit Saturday night and put the fire out.
However flames sparked up again and spread to the home while the owners were in bed.
new jersey, mercer county, fire, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 53 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 54 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 57 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 13 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
56 min ago