2-alarm house fire in Mercer County
EWING TWP, N.J. - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to battle a two-alarm house fire sparked by a fire pit in Mercer County.
It happened around 4:30 Sunday morning on the 200 block of Clamer Road in Ewing Township.
Arriving firefighters were met with heavy flames fullly engulfing the home.
A second alarm with quickly struck and crews were able to bring the blaze under control by 7:00 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the home owners were using a fire pit Saturday night and put the fire out.
However flames sparked up again and spread to the home while the owners were in bed.
new jersey, mercer county, fire, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 35 min ago