Father shot during Crescentville home invasion
CRESCENTVILLE - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the suspect who they say barged into a man's Crescentville home and shot him.
"My dad's scared, he cannot even talk," said Yong Liu.
Liu says his 68-year-old father Jing Ky Liu is recovering after being wounded during an attempted home invasion in Crescentville.
It happened around 4:20 Sunday afternoon.
Authorities say an armed suspect barged into the home during broad daylight and allegedly yelled "Give me the money!"
Police say the victim's nephew, the only other person home at the time, threw down some cash and ran out the door.
"And then they asked for more money," said Yong.
A brief struggle ensued and the suspect fired his weapon, grazing Jing's head.
The suspect got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The victim was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center in good condition.
Family members spent the day stopping by the home to talk with investigators.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, home invasion, shooting, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 9 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts