Father shot during Crescentville home invasion
CRESCENTVILLE - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the suspect who they say barged into a man's Crescentville home and shot him.
"My dad's scared, he cannot even talk," said Yong Liu.
Liu says his 68-year-old father Jing Ky Liu is recovering after being wounded during an attempted home invasion in Crescentville.
It happened around 4:20 Sunday afternoon.
Authorities say an armed suspect barged into the home during broad daylight and allegedly yelled "Give me the money!"
Police say the victim's nephew, the only other person home at the time, threw down some cash and ran out the door.
"And then they asked for more money," said Yong.
A brief struggle ensued and the suspect fired his weapon, grazing Jing's head.
The suspect got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The victim was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center in good condition.
Family members spent the day stopping by the home to talk with investigators.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, home invasion, shooting, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ